- I bought a Fixel Algorithms product and I can't get it to work!
- We've set up a dedicated "First Aid" support page for Fixel Algorithms' Plug In troubleshooting.here.
- How do I install your Plug In's?
- Our Plug In's are composed from a Plug In file (Does the heavy Math lifting) and UI (The Charm Personality). Just drop each of them to the correct place. See Installation Guide for more information.
- Does your Plug In's run 64bit?
- We actually support only 64 Bit Systems with 64 Bit Host (Photoshop / After Effects / Premiere) so it better be.
- Which applications (Host Programs) are supported by your Plug In's?
- Currently we only support Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere. We intend to support more applications in the future.
- Do your Plug In's support Adobe Photoshop CC 2017?
- Yes they do. Actually they support any version from CS6 and above. Mind the different installation folder for each Photoshop version.
- I'm having some issues with Photoshop CS6 64 Bit on Windows (Plug In doesn't show in the Filter Menu /
libiomp5md.dll file is missing), What's going on?
- Adobe, in later versions of Photoshop, ships Photoshop with Intel OpenMP library we utilize for Multi Threaded code.
Hence users of CS6 which uses our products which utilizes Intel OpenMP Library (
libiomp5md.dll) should install Intel® C++ 2015 Update 6 Compilers Redistributable Libraries.
Please contact us if you have farther issues.
- Photoshop CC on Windows states that
libiomp5md.dll file is missing, what should I do?
- Fixel utilizes
libiomp5md.dll (Intel OpenMP Library) which ships within Photoshop. The
libiomp5md.dll is utilized for Multi Threaded code.
If you encounter any issues related to Intel OpenMP Library (
libiomp5md.dll) you should install Intel® C++ and Fortran Compilers Redistributable Libraries.
Please contact us to be advised on the specific version to download.
- I'm still having issues, how do I get in touch with you?
- Please find our email at the bottom left of this page. For more effective support, if you are having an issue, please provide Screen Cast (Video) / Screen Shot (Image) of what is happening.